Weekly Crypto Wrap: November 12, 2021
- Mastercard Crypto-Linked Payment Cards Now Available in Asia
- With the massive increase in cryptocurrency Mastercard is partnering with multiple digital asset service providers like Bitkub, Coinjar, and Amber Group. These service providers are the very first Asian Pacific crypto platforms to partner with Mastercard and their crypto card program.
- This is good news for Asian Pacific customers since some merchants are already open to accepting digital currencies like Bitcoin but it’s not that common despite the demand for crypto. With Mastercard taking the initiative customers can instantly convert their cryptocurrency into a fiat currency which can be used all over the world.
- To quote Bitkub’s CEO, “ Thailand is one of the most crypto-oriented markets in the Asia Pacific, and so turning that broad asset ownership into something which is usable in an everyday context is a major step forward for Bitkub and our customers. To make this happen, we are very pleased to be connected to Mastercard via our valued payments partner 2C2P to create a sophisticated card solution that allows crypto users to make payments by converting cryptocurrency to traditional fiat currency. I believe that our strong partnership will accelerate consumers’ use of crypto as a means of commerce, making payments more efficient and facilitating new economic activity for businesses worldwide.”
Why it’s relevant
- A lot of places in the Asia-Pacific region like Thailand and Australia are well known for their activity when it comes to cryptocurrency. Thailand for one is known to have over 3.6 million crypto owners which show their potential market. Mastercard being smart about this has made it easier for crypto owners to use their digital assets to purchase goods and services more conveniently with their Mastercard.
- This news also shows that crypto isn’t just trending in the west but also in other countries in the Asian-Pacific region as well.
- Tradestars features Play2Earn Fantasy Sports Experiences
- Tradestars is a sports stocks trading game that uses blockchain technology and is powered by Ethereum. People can leverage their sports knowledge to earn and trade digital assets.
- Being aimed at sports lovers the game uses real-life and historical data of athletes as a basis for the value of the stocks that can be traded in-game. Identifying the value of these stocks and leveraging them will determine whether you succeed in this game or not.
- If you’re interested in checking out the game or simply want to know more you can visit their app or their Twitter page which offers the latest news, info, and events about the game.
Why it’s relevant
- It’s relevant because Play2Earn games are becoming popular lately and people can earn a decent amount of money from playing them. Tradestars is a good addition to the Play2Earn market and since it’s powered by blockchain technology, it’s secure and its trustworthy enough that you can use your real-life money to earn more money in this game.
* We hope this information will help you in your investment process, but this is not investment advice. Every investment carries risk, especially in this industry, so DYOR before making a decision.